Thursday, December 24, 2009
The Pantech Impact is easily the company's best feature phone to date. It's a striking horizontal flip that features haptic-feedback-enhanced, invisible number keys, plus a hidden QWERTY keyboard and an extra LCD display inside. The Impact is a solid choice for anyone looking for an excellent voice and texting phone.
The 4.3-inch touch screen displays sharp map graphics but with washed-out color. The display features haptic feedback; each touch is greeted with a vibration and a short sound effect—a handy feature we haven't seen on another GPS device. This makes it simple to tell when the unit registers key presses, even if it is slow to actually respond to requests.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
ORDER GRANTING JOHN P. LOOS'S MOTION FOR CONSOLIDATION, APPOINTMENT OF LEAD PLAINTIFF AND APPROVAL OF SELECTION OF COUNSEL; DENYING NORBERT MULLER'S MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT AS LEAD PLAINTIFF; DIRECTIONS TO PARTIES...
For the reasons stated above,
1. Loos's motion is hereby GRANTED and Muller's motion is hereby DENIED.
2. The following cases are hereby CONSOLIDATED for all purposes: Hodges v. Immersion Corp., Case No. 09-4073 MMC; Posner v. Immersion Corp., Case No. 09-4118 MMC; Buell v. Immersion Corp., Case No. 09-4561 MMC; and Benson v. Immersion Corp., Case No. 09-4744 MMC. All further filings in the instant consolidated action shall be filed in Case No. 09-4073 MMC, and shall have the following caption: In Re Immersion Corporation Securities Litigation.
3. Loos is hereby appointed lead plaintiff.
4. Loos's selection of Brower Piven as Lead Counsel and Coughlin Stoia Geller Rudman & Robbins LLP as Liaison Counsel is, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 78u-4(a)(3)(B)(v), hereby APPROVED.
5. Pursuant to the parties' stipulation filed October 15, 2009, and the parties' agreement therein that "following the appointment of a lead plaintiff and lead counsel, the parties shall meet and confer and submit a mutually agreeable schedule for the filing of a consolidated complaint (or designation of an operative complaint), if necessary, as well as for the briefing and hearing of responses thereto" (see Stipulation, filed October 15, 2009), the parties are hereby DIRECTED to meet and confer and to submit a stipulated schedule no later than January 8, 2010.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
We experiment a major outage in one of our datacenter rooms. We'll keep you updated as soon as we have additional information.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience
20:26 CET it was a power outage, services are coming back now
20:55 CET Gandi's website is back online, as well as email. The GandiBlogs will return shortly as well as the servers that were affected. We are currently verifying the disks' Raid state
00:10 CET All services are now stable, however we have still received no communication from our hosting partner as to the cause of the outage. As such we are remaining on standby in case of any further incident
09:20 CET 21/12/09 Equinix have scheduled a maintenance window at 10:30 CET to switch over to generator power. There should be no impact to services, but our teams are on alert in case this activity does not go according to plan.
--11:10 CET 21/12/09__ Equinix have not yet effected the switchover. Our teams are still on standby alert while we wait for an update.
11:30 CET 21/12/09 Equinix have now effected this switchover.
- Une panne a plongé dans le noir une grosse partie d'un centre de données d'Equinix en région parisienne. C'est le troisième incident notable pour ce groupe en 2009...
Quelques mois seulement après un incident majeur sur le refroidissement et un autre lié à une erreur humaine, une nouvelle panne est intervenue dans l’un des plus gros centres de données de la région parisienne. En l’occurrence chez Equinix à Saint-Denis (93).
Tout a commencé dimanche 20 décembre vers 19h lorsque plusieurs opérateurs ont relevé une perte de connectivité avec leurs équipements situés au deuxième étage du datacenter.
Parmi eux, l’opérateur Neo Telecoms, le registrar Gandi ou encore l’hébergeur SD France qui a communiqué auprès de ses clients via son site internet.
Au total, l’incident - une panne électrique - aura duré un peu plus d’une heure.
Très peu d’informations ont été communiqué par Equinix. Sur son site Internet, SD France explique que “Equinix semble avoir rencontré un soucis avec leurs chaines d’onduleurs, les forçant à contourner ces derniers manuellement pour se mettre en Bypass. Plus d’infos seront publiées une fois que nous aurons reçu le rapport définitif d’Equinix.”
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Netherlands-based Interxion — pronounced “interaction” — is hunting for advisers to list the business on Nasdaq. It recently conducted a “beauty parade” of investment banks believed to have included JP Morgan, Jefferies and UBS.
Interxion recorded underlying earnings in the first half of the year up 34% to £26m on sales 29% higher at £74m. It is controlled by Baker Capital, an American private-equity group, which installed one of its partners, David Ruberg, as chief executive in 2007.
Backers, who have invested more than £266m in the company, also include Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas and Morgan Stanley. Fund managers are drawn to the sector’s reliable earnings stream.
Telecity, which has a giant internet exchange in London’s Docklands, has seen its shares rise 72% since it listed on the London market two years ago. It has a market value of £750m and has been named as a possible acquirer of Interxion.