Tuesday, December 16, 2008

discussion by a radiation oncologist in Yahoo Message Board

from the IV MB:

>>I am a radiation oncologist
and when my hospital purchased a CyberKnife a few years ago I got to know quite well Accuray's marketing, sales, legal, and technical training teams. Training for 3 days at the Sunnyvale corporate HQ also gave me a chance to meet ARAY's physicists and engineers, and I was impressed at all levels with the competence of ARAY employees and their belief in and enthusiasm for their product (dealing with vendors and drug reps constantly gives one a good sense for BS). During clinical training I met fellow MDs, at least some of whom had no financial stake in ARAY, who were impressed and excited by this new technology (while being honest about some limitations of it.)

No comments: