Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Samsung YP-P3 MP3 Player (8GB, 16GB) Review

from Everything USB:

>>Samsung YP-P3 MP3 Player (8GB, 16GB) Review

Review Verdict

  • The YP-P3 has all of the major ingredients needed to become one of the best portable media players on the market but is hampered by a finicky capacitive touchscreen along with Sammy's implementation of ID3 tags and stereo Bluetooth A2DP.

...

Of Capacitance and Haptics

The Samsung P3's primary means of control is through a capacitive glass touchscreen similar to the what's used on the iPod Touch and BlackBerry Storm.

The biggest improvement over the YP-P2 in my opinion comes from the addition of Immersion's TouchSense haptics technology, also known as rumble vibration(tm). In essence, when you touch the screen it will rumble a faux "click" as if you're actually depressing a button and then feeling it spring back as you let go. Swiping your finger across the screen to scroll or flip through pages produces a short rolling sensation, and dragging slider bars produces a clicking sensation to indicate continuous movement. I cannot emphasize enough just how well the haptics work for the P3, as it gives you a feeling that you're actually interacting with a functional device and not just a slab of glass. Lastly there is the VibeWoofer gimmick, which will cause the player to vibrate in sync with the bass hits of your music and videos. It was cool for about five minutes before I switched it back off.
erything USBything USB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Betty

http://laptopprocessor.info