Tuesday, May 24, 2011

10 Questions for Equinix CFO Keith Taylor

from PC World:

>>Who was an influential boss for you and what lessons did they teach you about management and leadership?

I've had a couple of very interesting bosses, but one that I thought was influential was Phil Koen -- a very intelligent, highly thoughtful guy. He left us to become CEO of Savvis. I learned a lot from him. One [lesson] was stylistic, but others were analytical skills and sheer smarts. It put me on a road, not to emulate him because we all have our strengths and weaknesses, but he put me on the road to understanding that personal relationships are important and how you interact with people can make a difference in how you get things done. I also look to the chairman [Peter Van Camp] of my company today and my CEO [Stephen M. Smith]. They influence me in how I behave and how I react. I've been very lucky to have bosses that really want to see me do well in life. I get good feedback on a very regular basis.

No comments: