Technology Convergence Conference to bring together IT and facilities leaders including Microsoft, Cisco Systems, eBay, Zynga, Equinix, Intel, Yahoo! to discuss cloud computing, data center efficiency and other topical IT issues
FREMONT, Calif--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TELADATA, a leading IT consulting firm specializing in IT infrastructure design, planning and project management, today announced that there is less than one week before its highly popular Technology Convergence Conference begins.
The conference, which will occur Wednesday, February 23rd at 7:30 a.m. at the Santa Clara Convention Center, will assemble IT and facilities leaders from across the country to share best practices and provide detailed case studies relating to common yet complex technological and organizational challenges in the data-center space.
The full-day conference will cover the relationship between technology and the mission critical ecosystem with four separate tracks, including converging technologies, energy-efficiency strategies, solutions for top data center challenges and IT/Facilities strategic planning.
Rich Miller, editor of Data Center Knowledge, will moderate a morning panel on cloud computing titled Reconciling the Speed Change Requirements by Cloud Computing for Data Centers.
In another session, titled Bridging the IT/Facilities Gap: Global Benefits of Visualization, Optimization and Power Metering, Tim Cox, IT Program Manager at Cisco Systems, will demonstrate a web-based monitoring application he developed internally that intelligently manages physical resource allocation in critical facilities.
Attendees will also be treated to end-user case studies that are applicable to small, medium and large enterprises.
Some of the presentation topics include:
- Cloud Computing: Hype vs. Reality
- Data Center Challenges and Solutions for R&D Labs
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Owning vs. Leasing Data Center Space
- Results of Yahoo!’s Next Generation Data Center
- Avoiding Unnecessary Costs when Transitioning the Enterprise to the Next Generation Internet Protocol (IPv6)
- Top AV and Security Trends that Impact Facilities and IT Design
- Bridging the IT/Facilities Gap: Global Benefits of Visualization, Optimization and Power Metering
- New Utility Energy Efficiency Programs for Data Centers
The full agenda can be found at http://www.teladatatcc.com/agenda.html.