Friday, July 3, 2009

updates on the Internap outage

updates on the Internap outage at Fisher Plaza East can be found here:

http://twitter.com/locuslingua

Temp repair is "on schedule to be completed by late this evening" for #fisherfire East. We're in Fisher Plaza East #geocaching

---

from
Locus Lingua blog:

When I get a phone call at 3am it is one of two things - either a relative has passed away or a server has gone down. Looking at those two options I would always take the latter. Bryan was on Caller ID, so I knew it was the latter. What I didn't realize was that this wasn't the ordinary check, reboot and "all's good" kind of server issue.

I tried to VPN into the machines and nothing was resolving, which is generally a Bad Thing. I dusted off my cardkey (unused for at least a year), grabbed my car keys and headed out the door in that daze that only a mom or dad knows during a 4am feeding. The usual fearful thoughts went through my head about the worst case scenarios.

No comments: